9/19/14

friday links

Happy Friday!

It's cold out!
As I type this post, we have 47 degrees at 9am here on cape cod.
I guess I won't be going for my nightly swim in the ocean today.
Actually I have been going every night now that the beaches are empty and enjoyable again.
Believe it or not the ocean temp is about 66 degrees when the sun is out and it's not too bad.
IMG_6092

Have you started baking with pumpkin?
I haven't -- I know bad right? You are expecting new pumpkin creations from me?
I'll get on that this weekend; maybe if I pass a bottle of pumpkin spice under my nose it will
inspire me?
Hubby asked for these pumpkin oreo's I made last year at this time.
These are good, and I made them into icebox cookies, easy, just slice and bake!
IMG_3395
IMG_2131

Speaking of pumpkin....the pumpkin pie macarons have arrived at Whole Foods!
IMG_6079

I wanted these to suck, but they didn't, they were really tasty and I am not a fan of white chocolate.
IMG_6069

So I asked him what he was looking at (the man in the maroon had a big ass camera), he said
the mansion on the cliff (the right side).  Boring.  Here I was hoping it was a whale or something.
IMG_6090

Is there anything better than a bag of fried scallops? Perks of living on cape cod.
IMG_6072
Seafood bisque
IMG_6076

Oh the joys of food blogging when one of your favorite pastry books just magically shows up
at your door. The book Pastry by Nick Malgieri is THE book, the guide for all things pastry.
This is the definitive guide for pastry making.  Can't tell you enough how much this one book
will teach you about pastry making.
Pastry by Nick Malgieri is the pastry bible.
PicMonkey Collage (1)

"Cooks eager to stretch their skills will find Mr. Malgieri an inspiring coach." ~The New York TimesPicMonkey Collage

around the web:

11 health benefits of green tea
butterscotch-peach pie!  Hello!
how to undue the damage of a desk job
enormous group of migrating rays
early symptoms of parkinson's disease
this face mug & it holds cookies!
the best list to have for Fall: The Best Apples for Baking & Cooking
pumpkin spice cake balls
tiny hamsters eating tiny burritos (my year is complete)
what you should know about ebola (from CDC)
romantic photos in motion
have you seen this house built on a cliff?
the movie The Skeleton Twins preview (can't wait to see it!)
MIT is hosting a breast pump hackathon?
pets stuck in odd places
what is orthorexia?
breakfast from around the world
foods for vibrant hair
BBQ chicken french breads
vietnamese shredded chicken salad
mini cinnamon sugar-pumpkin muffins
history of candy corn
jalapeƱo popper pull apart bread
chocolate chip cookies made with bisquick
NY'ers eating alone isn't as depressing as it sounds
madame sherri's castle ruins (haunted?)
meet Hello, another modern day alarm clock
horror farm themed cakes for Halloween (warning, it's scary!)
jacques pepin explains how to make people happy
10 fun ways to reduce your cortisol
slow cooker chicken pho
how to cook pasta in 60 seconds
passenger shaming on Instagram
tiny plastic beads in your toothpaste?
prudent diet to prevent prostrate cancer
30 pick your own apple farms near/around Boston
class held in Boston to help Bostonians lose their accent
hot fudge peanut butter pie
actor Kevin Spacey stalker goes to jail for 2 years
chewy apple-peanut butter granola bars
4 ways to manage depression naturally
happy national butterscotch pudding day!
pumpkin spice & chocolate muffins (bookmarked!)

IMG_6083

Have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Same temperatures here too - brr! Summer is definitely over, haha.

    Can't wait for your pumpkin creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Butterscotch Pie. XOGREG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Friday links, D. Happy w/end to ya! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these posts... <3 Anxiously awaiting new pumpkin recipes from my favorite baker *hint hint nudge nudge*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Parkinsons...interesting. I had an aunt that had it, back in the 50s... not much they could do back then.
    Saved AND pinned the apple thing.
    Hamster eating burrito? WTF?
    Re Ebola: I do not think we should be sending our soldiers over there.
    good laugh with the pets...sent on to my daughter
    Orthorexia: I don't get it. I answered yes to a lot of those questions and I know I don't have it.
    Yuk on that pig red velvet cake.
    I've seen that passenger shaming stuff...amazing. I feel fortunate to have never seen any of that when traveling. Cripes. Gross. That bare fat guy.
    Kevin Spacey...first I've read about this.... torture, castration and disembowelment and said she would blow him to smithereens????!!!!

    BTW: I'm not crazy about white chocolate either, so am sorry you said those new MM's are good. :(
    Love your Friday links and love it when I have time to sit down and read them all!
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Nick Malgieri book looks wonderful. And count me in for that butterscotch peach pie! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

Share

Get This